Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Another Unlikely Visitor

I'm learning how to paint fog in my watercolor class. Very timely for this extremely foggy winter.

As I was snapping a photo of the fog-shrouded trees on the bluff I noticed a large dark form chugging down the beach towards me. The black swan was back; he undoubtedly had heard about all the seaweed brought in by Monday's storm.

A few minutes and several pictures later, a large white form was  swimming towards me, but much more slowly.


 
Cedric, our local one-legged gull and unofficial gossip was on hand
and tells the following story-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


BS: Hey check out all the good seaweed, it's delicious!
WS: I'm not hungry, think I'll head back to the shore and tidy up.
BS: You really should stock up, never know when you'll find such a great spot again.
WS: No I'm  still full from our feast this morning at the point.

 
WS: Can't you  stop eating for just a minute?
 BS:  slurp slurp.


 
 WS: OK, I'll see you later.
 BS: All right, time to get some more grub!






? a broken wing?

WS: thinking, ....another exciting afternoon on the bay


BS: Hey I'm back!
WS: Hmmmm...


BS: Sure you don't want to go down there for a little grub?
 
 
BS: OK then. I'm off for a little dessert.


WS: I changed my mind. Wait for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment